Headphone Hygiene Facts - DID YOU KNOW?
At EarHugz® we believe in health and hygiene, that's why all our headphone covers are bacteria resistant and machine washable to kill the nasty bacteria build up caused by sweat, make-up and repeat use.
Here's the research on the matter:
- Studies show in ear earphones are bad for the ear canal, they damage the ear drum and increase the risk of ear infection
- Wearing headphones for sweat inducing activities cause bacteria build up, acne and nasty skin infections
- Wearing headphones for just an hour increases the bacteria in your ear by up to 700%
- Wearing saturated headphones (with a build up of sweat and bacteria) repeatedly for a week produces the equivalent amount of bacteria to wearing the same pants every day for a year!
- A pair of EarHugz® will prevent bacteria soaking into your headphone cushions and will dramatically reduce the spread of germs, acne, lice, skin disease and infection.